Apple has been granted 27 Utility patents. The two most interesting ones are mentioned below.
1. US 9,058,595 – iCalendar: A calendar that is as smart as you!
Ever been embarrassed about accepting an invitation but not able to attend the event?
Well, you are not to be blamed. It’s really your calendar’s fault!
When it comes to deciding whether or not to accept an invitation in the first place, existing calendars are not helpful at all. In most cases, you end up accepting the invitation mainly on your interest without realizing that you may already have another commitment at that time.
But this smart Calander from Apple won’t let that happen.
When you have a new invitation, the smart calendar shows you the exact context within which the event takes place. It does it by displaying the invitation over laid onto your existing schedule during that time period. This allows you to see what other events you have already committed yourself to in and around that time. With this contextual view, you can make a more informed decision of whether or not to accept the invitation and save yourself from being red faced again.
2. US 9,059,957: iCupid – Connecting not just people but hearts too.
Among the utility patents, there are patents relating to:
- Seamlessly moving from one application to another among concurrently running applications on a mobile device
- Tracking viral content
- Better manufacturing techniques for mobile devices
- An improved touch sensitive mouse
- More user friendly user-interfaces
2. And after having epitomizing style in gadgets, Apple may soon replicate its design philosophy to pretty much everything around us. An example is this design patent on a very Apple-ish building structure. This structure is the design of the Shanghai Apple Store.
3. And if this design patent is anything to go by, you may soon see a slimmer and curvier version of ipod.
The other two design patents relate to connector and a earphones.
Full list of patents issued this week.